Why medical pedicures vs. traditional cosmetic pedicures?
While a traditional cosmetic pedicure focuses on making your toenails look as good as possible, and gets rid of some dead skin, it ignores real problems and sometimes creates them. Not to mention, your feet are on display in front of all the other customers.
Unlike nail salons, our professionals are trained to examine and treat foot and nail disorders using advanced equipment and tools…and the strictest hygiene protocols. A medical pedicure is an esthetic and therapeutic foot care treatment performed in the private setting of a medical clinic.
What is a medical pedicure?
A medical pedicure is a non-invasive, dry procedure performed by highly skilled foot care specialists who combine podiatry with nail care. Guaranteed to be safe and hygienic, it addresses issues such as:
- Athlete’s foot
- Dry, cracked heels
- Ingrown/overgrown toenails
- Nail discoloration
Who could benefit most from a medical pedicure?
We think everyone would be better off with a medical pedicure. Why not treat those feet that work so hard for you everyday? For those of you whose feet are part of your work (or workout) equipment, you should take care of them as such. Medical pedicures are crucial for:
- Diabetic patients
- Arthritis sufferers
- Ballet and other dance professionals
- Doctors and nurses
- Actors and performers (Broadway? We’ve got you!)
- Wait staff and bartenders
- Construction workers
- Postal workers
- Police officers
- Fitness pros
- People who wear high heels daily
- Anyone self-conscious about their feet
What actually happens in a medical pedicure?
The Medical Pedicure is a procedure performed by Marcela Correa and her team, the first half an hr she would do an evaluation on your feet, deep Cleaning your toe nails, remove (if necessary) calluses, corns and ingrown nails, in the last half an hour the task of finishing the cleaning of your feet would be given to one of our technicians on the team. The Process last 35 minutes to 1 hr depending on the condition of the feet.
The therapeutic care of your feet includes:
- A full assessment and consultation on the condition of feet, skin and toenails
- Extensive cleaning and cleansing
- Sanding, buffing and shaping of the nails to remove dead cells and achieve maximum comfort
- Removal of dead skin and buffing of the feet
- Removal of blisters, corns and ingrown toenails
- Smoothing out of calluses and dry, cracked heels
- Restoration of natural toenail color, if necessary
- Application of nail polish, if requested (Must bring your own)
Note: We do not massage your feet and we don´t use water to perform the cleaning.
What is your standard for hygiene?
All equipment goes through autoclave sterilization preventing the spread of germs, fungus and diseases.
WHAT happen if i'm late?
You won't be able to get nail polish and Marcela is not gonna be able to spend as much time as she would love to on your feet.
What nail polish colors do you have?
We think your bare, buffed toenails look gorgeous on their own, so we actually don’t stock nail polish. If you’d like your nails painted at the end of your medical pedicure though, we invite you to bring your own basecoat, color and topcoat. Don’t forget that base! It’s important to seal in all the work we just did. But if you forget to bring your own and still want to get polish we have some colors you can purchase. Click Here.